CALL FOR PAPERS
The central theme of the conference is **Smart Cities** from the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) point of view. In this context, a Smart City is a city that takes advantage of this technology in order to improve resource management, and citizen’s quality of life and participation. All this with respect for the environment and sustainable development.
Smart Cities is a key subject for the development of the cities and an important challenge of our current time. In contrast with the previous century, nowadays most of the people live in a city. The growth of cities is worrisome, that is why, Smart Cities is a priority issue amongst governments and private companies, an issue that is far from being a fad.
The conference is an excellent space to known and present important contributions on the subject of Smart Cities as well as a great opportunity for networking.
The conference topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Energy (Smart city lighting, submetering, smarthome, etc.)
- Sustainable mobility (Smart parking, traffic management, electric cars, smart vehicles, etc.)
- Environment and urban space (Air quality, noise reduction, smart waste collection, smart water, etc.)
- Public services (Public security, urban resilience, e-government, citizens participation, education, etc.)
- Buildings and homes (Efficient buildings and homes)
- Economic and sustainable development (e-commerce, social shopping, leisure and tourism, etc.)
- Initial Submission: 15 January, 2016
- Notification: 29 February, 2016
- Camera-Ready: 25 March, 2016
- Full paper length: 6 - 12 pages
- Short paper length: 2 - 4 pages
- Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three expert reviewers.
- Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal.
- Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted.
For more details on paper submission please go to [Initial Submission](http://scificonference.org/2016/show/initial-submission)
For more details on paper formatting please go to [Author's Kit](http://scificonference.org/2016/show/authors-kit)
Accepted papers will be published in the **SCIFI 2016** Conference Proceedings and will be submitted for publication by Springer-Verlag in the [Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST)](http://www.springer.com/computer?SGWID=0-146-6-564009-0).
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: **DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus**, as well as ICST's own **EU Digital Library** (EUDL).
A special issue of [ACM/Springer MONET](http://www.springer.com/engineering/signals/journal/11036) will be allocated for selected papers of SCIFI 2016 Conference. In addition, recommended authors will be considered for inclusion in the [EAI Endorsed Transactions on Future Internet](http://eai.eu/transaction/future-internet).